Hi friends, today I will share one different and desi old recipe Thotakura mamidikaya pappu / Amaranth leaves raw mango dal recipe.... I will share one of the recipe Amaranth dal in my blog, this is 2nd one.. In first dal recipe prepared with tamarind now in this dal am not using tamarind am use only mango its taste is so different and tangy taste... One special in this recipe is if you have mud pot try this recipe in that the taste will be yummy...... My grand mother will prepare this recipe in mud pot only she is a great chef... Off course my me also ;) My grand mother prepare so many types of chutneys / pachalu.... I will share all in soon.... Ok lets see the process to make this dal recipe details step by step pics here........
- Amaranth leaves (Thotakura) 4 bunches
- Raw Mango 1 big size
- Tomatoes 3 medium size
- Onions 2 medium size
- Green chilies 10 (as u like spicy)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Urad dal 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Hing powder pinch
- Red chilies 2
- Curry leaves
- First take amaranth leaves (thotakura) cut it small pieces and clean it then add to cooker, then add chopped onions, chopped mango, chopped green chilies, chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder and then close with lid and cook it for 4 whistle, then switch off the gas and cool it for........
- When cooker is cool then open then lid, then add salt to taste and mash it..... Now take a wok add oil to heat, when oil is heated then add urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped red chilies, hing, fenugreek seeds to fry...... Then add mashed dal and mix it well... And boil it for 3 minutes in low flame.....
- After 3 minutes mix it well for then move it to a serving boil........
Now the spicy and sour recipe Amaranth Mango Dal / Thotakura mamidikaya pappu is ready to serve...... Its good to serve with hot steam rice, roti, pulka, chapati its good combination....... Its process also so easy so fast its time take only 15 minutes only but taste is yummy guyssss..... So friends try this tasty and delicious recipe in your home taste it and share it to your friends..... :) love u all..... Your's Neha Satish........ (and also serve it with uppu mirapakaya / salty chilies, apadam /papad)......